During a recent Vmware SRM (version 5.5) planned fail over I received following error during step 8 : Error – Failed to recover datastore ‘<datastorename>’. VMFS volume residing on recovered devices ‘”<device_wwn>”‘ cannot be found. Datastore was from EMC VNX replicated with EMC RecoverPoint.
I have found another way:
- Detach the LUN from all recovery hosts (Configuration – > Storage Adapters -> select HBA -> Select LUN -> right click -> Detach)
- Rerun the recovery plan.
I have not investigated this error properly so I don’t know what causes it but a quick fix for this error is: 1) Rescan all hosts in the cluster
2) Select one host – go to Configuration -> Storage -> Add Storage
3) Select Disk/LUN -> your LUN should appear on the list -> select it -> Next
4) You should be presented with mounting options -> select “Assign a new signature”
5) After finishing the wizard your datastore should appear in the datastore list.
6) Rescan storage on all hosts in the cluster
7) When LUN has “recovered” on all hosts rerun the recovery plan.