HP has published a new firmware 220.127.116.11 for G7 and Gen8 blades.
Update resolves the following issues for CNA firmware (source: HP ):
- Unable to set speed/duplex to auto/auto and could not make Host profile
- Firmware memory leak with multiple logins to a redirected target
- HP NC553i 10Gb 2-port FlexFabric Converged Network Adapter locks up during iSCSI login process
- Lost network connectivity after firmware update
- VMware PSOD (Purple Screen of Death) on HP NC551i Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Network Adapter and HP NC551m Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Converged Network Adapter on AMD servers.
- HP NC553i 10Gb 2-port FlexFabric Converged Network Adapter lost LAN and SAN connectivity
Release notes can be accessed and ISO can be downloaded from here.
HP as also released online firmware update package for VMWare which can be downloaded from here.
I tried the online update package on BL460c G7 running ESXi 5.0. During the firmware update there was no disruption to the network or FC connectivity. After the update server must be restarted to activate the new firmware.